Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculating Value taking data from different tables on condition

I have data from two tables that I want to mix in a matrix column, it only takes information from one table per row, a central table with a condition decides which table to take the data from (Picture Below)

I have three tables that are used to calculate the hourly sale rate of an employee.

Table 1 : Fixed Rate

This table contains the employee  and a fixed hourly sale rate

Table 2: Hourly rate per package

The hours of this employee are sold in packages and each package has an amount of hours and it can have a different rate per package

Table 3: Central Table

This tables contains the employee and which kind of hourly rate to apply

Table 4 : Employee Table ( Contains only employee data)

I have calculated two measures in order to calculate the average hourly sale rate, one for table 1 and one for table 2 . I want to use a measure that takes data from the calculated measure for table 1 when the employee belongs to the fixed hourly rate table, and from  measure 2 when the employee belongs to the hours sold in packages ( table 2).

CarDat_0-1634771919512.png

Is it possible to achieve something like this?

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I roughly get your point. Is it convenit for you to provide some sample data so we can do research based on them to help you find the solution? Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Caiyun Zheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors