Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kmes912
Helper I
Helper I

Calculated Table

Hi - working with the below model, I'm trying to make a calculated table.

Where it lists out all of units, they are completely unique in "00 Lookup Org Attribute" and present a list of the BIC-DEPT-SPROID associated. The units is 557 lines.

kmes912_0-1621373540470.png

if I do a visual currently, table, and I use UNIT and BIC-DEPT-SPROID, I get what looks like a list of each unit and their applicable lines, I tried to export this in order to use that as a my table, but It says it is too big. Really I need to be able to have a unit list of UNIT-BIC-DEPT-SPROID as what it "should be" and the comparison is a table that shows what UNIT-BIC-DEPT-SPROID is confirmed, to be able to identify what is missing. 

I've tried generate, summarize, generate all, innerjoins, outerjoins, everything I could google but still not getting the desired results. 

Desired result is something like this, preferred as one string but want anything at this point to be able to compare what should be vs what is (what is has the unit already in the string)

kmes912_0-1621373718489.png

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@kmes912 , Based on what I got looking at the model. You should create a bridge table first of all.

https://www.seerinteractive.com/blog/join-many-many-power-bi/

Bridge Table: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkf35Roman8&list=PLPaNVDMhUXGaaqV92SBD5X2hk3TMNlHhb&index=19

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors