cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Calculate the sum of the top 80%

Dear All,

I have the attached list of accounts with the related sales and cost. 

I calculate the GM for each of them

I need to calculate

• The sum of the top GM of account that is making 80% of the total GM. which means I need to order GM by order of importance them make the sum of the top one until I reach 80% of total GM
  • I need to know what was the number of acount that was included in this sum to be able to calculate the average GM

can you please support

Regards,

imed

Example file

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you very much, it's working fine

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Darek for the solutions

May I ask one more thing?

I need to calculate the average of the GM for the accounts that we have included in the calculation of the 80% of GM

can you please support

regards,

Imed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just create a measure: DIVIDE( [Total GM (80% Top Cust)], [Count of Cust (80% Top Cust)]).

Best
Darek

Hello Darek

The calculation are working fine however when I use the measure with other fields some a dim table it's not working anymore

can you please support

regards

Imed

I think the utilisation of addcolumns in the measure is the one causing this issue.

thanks you for your support

Regards

imed

Thank you very much, it's working fine

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite with Arun Ulag

Featured Session: Drive Data Culture with Power BI- Vision, Strategy & Roadmap. Register here https://myignite.microsoft.com #MSIgnite #PowerPlatform #Power BI ​

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.