Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AA622
Helper II
Helper II

Calculate measures for yearly quarters

Hello I have to create a card with a measure showing the change of product/request type from quarter to quarter. Our Customer Service Dept gets tons of calls each day and log each call under a request type whether it be product info complaints regulatory questions. They want to closely monitor the change from qtr to qtr under this particular type

We have 13 different products vs 41 different request types.

2nd qtr - (4/1/2021 - 6/30/2021) = 188 total

3rd qtr - (7/1/2021 - 9/30/2021) = 72 total

The table is called MergedInquires, and the 2 respective fields are [Product] and [Request Type]

Can you help me get started on the calculations? I usually have to calculate changes with sales figures so I assume the functions used will differ. I assume the measures needed will be one for the current quater, last quarter, and then a 'change' measure. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ValtteriN
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure if I completely understood what you are trying to do. Nevertheless since you are trying to calculate change from one quarter to another I recommend using Quarter time intelligence functions such as DATESQTD and the ones seen in the picture below:

ValtteriN_0-1639437803145.png

If possible I would recommend creating a calculation group with the following pattern:

Calculate(selectedmeasure(), DATESQTD('Calendar'[Date])

Additionally you can apply the previous logic directly into your measures. 

I hope these tips help you solve your challenge and if they do consider accpeting this as a solution!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AA622 ,

Has your problem been solved? If it is solved, please mark a reply which is helpful to you.

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. This is my sample data and test result.

vkkfmsft_0-1639644469991.png

_count = COUNTROWS ( MergedInquires )
CurrentQrt = CALCULATE ( [_count], DATESQTD ( Dates[Date] ) )
LastQrt = CALCULATE ( [_count], PREVIOUSQUARTER ( DATESQTD ( Dates[Date] ) ) )
Diff = [CurrentQrt] - [LastQrt]

vkkfmsft_0-1639644632832.png

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ValtteriN
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I am not sure if I completely understood what you are trying to do. Nevertheless since you are trying to calculate change from one quarter to another I recommend using Quarter time intelligence functions such as DATESQTD and the ones seen in the picture below:

ValtteriN_0-1639437803145.png

If possible I would recommend creating a calculation group with the following pattern:

Calculate(selectedmeasure(), DATESQTD('Calendar'[Date])

Additionally you can apply the previous logic directly into your measures. 

I hope these tips help you solve your challenge and if they do consider accpeting this as a solution!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors