Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brouwno

Calculate how many items are between two dates

Hi community,

Hope someone can help me with this. I cannot seem to get the right formula.

I have two tables:

- 1st tabel contains a column with a datetime (creationDate) and a column with a locationname (name)

- 2nd table contains two columns with a date time (startDate & endDate) and a column with a locationname (name)

I want to create a matrix where I show:

- Rows: Locations (from table 1)

- Columns: Month (the matrix is filtered by year, i.e. 2020)

- Values: Here I want to show how many rows from the 2nd table, from which the startDate & endDate are in that month of the Matrix.

For example if a record in table 2 had a startDate of 02-11-2019 and an endDate of 15-02-2020, it had to be counted in the maxtrix value for januari and febrari of 2020, but not for march 2020.

I hope I explained correctly, if not: Let me know!

I appreciate all the help you can give me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
reynaldo_malave
Helper III
Helper III

HI @brouwno,

This looks like an event in progess problem (not really sure). Take a look  at this aritcle https://www.daxpatterns.com/events-in-progress/ Hope it helps.

Reynaldo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
reynaldo_malave
Helper III
Helper III

HI @brouwno,

This looks like an event in progess problem (not really sure). Take a look  at this aritcle https://www.daxpatterns.com/events-in-progress/ Hope it helps.

Reynaldo

Thanks for taking the time to give me an reply @reynaldo_malave!!

The link you provided showed a more elegant solution than I had come up with 🙂

It alo turned out that my data sources do not always have alle the information I expected. Therefore the results of my measures were not what I expected. At first I thought my measures were not correct, but it turned out the be a little of both 😅

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors