Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate % difference between Column Values in Matrix

Hi,

I am using the Matrix Visual to display 2 dimensional data. In the columns I have Month and in the Rows I have the url's visited by the user. The values section  shows the count of distinct users who have visited a particular url in the month. However I am now looking to create another column to show the % difference in the number of distinct user going up and down for each url. For example the data looks like this

Jan            Feb

Home       20              40

Product    10              30

How can I add a % difference column. In Excel this can be easily achieved by referencing the cell. Is there a similar way to achieve this in DAX ?

2 REPLIES 2
kentyler
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

DAX has no concept of cells, but it does have a concept of Rows. You could probably add a calculated column something like this:

FebChangePercent = DIVIDE(<data_table_name>[<jan_data_column>], 

<data_table_name>[<feb_data_column>])

You would have to write a calculated column for each pair of months you want to calculate the percent of change for.

I did not address the order you want to do the division in or the formatting of the result.

Did this post answer your question? Mark it as a solution so others can find it!

Help when you know. Ask when you don't!