Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate Hierarchy Above Performance

Hello all, I am trying to set up some measures that work with my hierarchy and report filters to show performance for hierarchy levels above when filtered - eg I select a store and see their performance, district performance, and Market performance as three different lines on a line chart.  I have created measures that work perfectly when using crossfiltering with another visual on the report (a matrix), but they don't seem to work when simply using the filter pane.  When I select the store in the matrix, the line chart filters to show me the three lines - store, district and market all with correct results.  Oddly, when I filter to the store using the Filter Pane (Filter on All Pages), I only see two lines - store and market (the District measure now matches Market).  

I'm assuming this has to do with how I have the measures set up between the ALL or ISFILTERED functions, but I'm at a loss.  Any help on how to restructure would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the base measure for store performance:

% to Target Filtered = DIVIDE(SUM('Performance'[Actual]),sum('Quota'[Target]))

And here are the measures for District and Market level Performance

District % to Target Filtered = calculate(DIVIDE(SUM('Performance'[Actual]),sum('Quota'[Target])),all(Hierarchy[Store])

Market % to Target Filtered = calculate(DIVIDE(SUM('Performance'[Actual]),sum('Quota'[Target])),all(Hierarchy[Store],Hierarchy[District]))

2 REPLIES 2
sturlaws
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

could you share your report? Or create a sample report where you replicate the behaviour you are experiencing?

Cheers,
Sturla

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a link to a sample file.  You will see that the graph visual only shows Store and Market when initially using just the filter pane to filter to store 9541, but when you select store 9541 in the matrix, the visual updates to show all three - Store, District, and Market.

Desired result is to have all three show up when simply using the Filter Pane to filter to a specific store as the finished report will not have a matrix.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqL1thqMq4QImxaD0bOLxx_1yFBS?e=MMfU8h 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors