Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sabilahmed
Resolver I
Resolver I

CROSSJOIN not giving required results - too many duplicates

Hello,

I have created a new table via a CROSSJOIN between a Agreement Additions table and a Dim_Calendar table. See below:

sabilahmed_2-1661416206934.png

I have connected them using the StartofMonth column from Agreement Additions and Date column from Dim_Calendar (relationship model).

Below is the DAX for the new table 'Contracted':

Contracted = 
CROSSJOIN (
    'AgreementAdditions & List',
        SUMMARIZE (
            FILTER (
                'Dim_Calendar',
                'Dim_Calendar'[Date] > MIN ( 'AgreementAdditions & List'[START_DATE] )
                    && 'Dim_Calendar'[Date] < MAX ( 'AgreementAdditions & List'[END_DATE] )
            ),
            Dim_Calendar[StartofMonth]
        )
    )

Below are some example columns from the Agreement Additions table where the key focus is:

sabilahmed_3-1661416377635.png

As you can see the above table has a start and end date per agreement and a monthly billing amount. My goal is to repeat the number of rows per month between the start and end date. However, the resulting 'Contracted' table is not correct. See below why this is:

sabilahmed_4-1661417182692.png

The above table is what is formed from the CROSSJOIN (between Agreement Additons and Dim_Calendar). The above example agreement has a start date from Aug 2022 - Aug 2023, therefore I would expect 12 rows (1 row per month) of £9.40 for this example, but instead I get 56 rows which is strange.

When I plot a matrix viz, this is what I get:

sabilahmed_5-1661417409216.png

What i'm expecting to see is the below results:

sabilahmed_6-1661417488448.png

What am I doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
1 REPLY 1

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors