Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rbalza
Helper III
Helper III

CALCULATE SUM based on TopN

Hi PowerBi Friends,

I have a table with TopN based on two different tables and I used crossjoin function to get its rank.
Now, I would like to combine/add things together that have the same entity/name. 

As you can see here on the snapshot, I have the same group name but lies on a different TopN group and I wanted to combine or add this together so that it will be on its rightful TopN. Attached is my pbix file and the measures that I used. Appreciated your time doings this. Thanks!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xszrjtxt9oo8k76/sampledata.pbix?dl=0

Jihwan Invoice Total by Group = 
SUMX (
    KEEPFILTERS (
        FILTER (
        ALLSELECTED(FactFinalisedInvoicesDetailed[Invoice Type] ),
            COUNTROWS (
                FILTER (
                    'Customer Rank',
                    [Jihwan Rank by Invoice Type] >= 'Customer Rank'[Min Rank]
                        && [Jihwan Rank by Invoice Type] <= 'Customer Rank'[Max Rank]
                )
            ) > 0
        )
    ),
    [Total Invoice]
)

This is the rankx between two different tables.

Jihwan Rank by Invoice Type = 
RANKX(CROSSJOIN(ALL(FactFinalisedInvoicesDetailed[Invoice Type]) ,ALL(GroupedFinalisedInvoices[Group Owner]) ), [Total Invoice], , DESC)

rbalza_1-1620160434662.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

If I'm understanding correctly, you want to rank by Group Owner so you should leave out the CROSSJOIN.

RANKX (
    ALL ( GroupedFinalisedInvoices[Group Owner] ),
    CALCULATE ( [Total Invoice], ALLSELECTED ( FactFinalisedInvoicesDetailed ) ),
    DESC
)

AlexisOlson_0-1620163957600.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

If I'm understanding correctly, you want to rank by Group Owner so you should leave out the CROSSJOIN.

RANKX (
    ALL ( GroupedFinalisedInvoices[Group Owner] ),
    CALCULATE ( [Total Invoice], ALLSELECTED ( FactFinalisedInvoicesDetailed ) ),
    DESC
)

AlexisOlson_0-1620163957600.png

@AlexisOlson works like a charm. This arises me on another concern 🙂 If you don't mind to have a look at it?  Thanks very much for your time taking this. Cheers!

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Incorrect-sum-and-average-display-count-and-a... 

Oh wow @AlexisOlson .. thats freakin on point. Will have to try this and let you know the result. Cheers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors