Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bypass an explicit filter to have a global total

Hi,

I have a view where I show a total of spendings per month. Then I divide this total in four categories in the purpose of separate spendings less than, equal to (not remarquable), without comparision with or greater than the previous month.

My objective is to show uniquely the values where the variation to the previous month is greater than 1% of the total of the current month. For instance, the first line of the category (Inferiores mas de 10% al mes anterior) is correct because the variation is greater than the total (30 970 000 / 100 = 309 700) but the fourth one is not supposed to appear. ((616 000 - 501 000) < 309 700)

My measure for the total global is this :

Mes actual general = CALCULATE([Mes actual], ALLSELECTED('Facturas Proveedores'))

My issue is that when I use my measure "Total mes actual" which is supposed to be global, I have the total of the filtered category. I know that it is the normal behaviour of ALLSELECTED because we cannot remove the explicit filters however I would like to find a way to get this global value, either with DAX or modeling or any proposition you can make.

Thanks !

2021-05-11_16h32_50.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply.

Finally I think I found a solution on this topic :
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Solving-Attendance-with-the-Disconnected-Table-Trick...

I created two measures "1% complient" and "1% not complient", a disconnected table "Show or not" which I use as a slicer and the last measure "Measure to Show" which I use as a filter in my different matrix.

It is a little bit tricky but the topic explains how to do it very clearly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

could it work to add a filter for that view, using a measure such as [actual]-[premonth]>=[global total]/100

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply.

Finally I think I found a solution on this topic :
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Solving-Attendance-with-the-Disconnected-Table-Trick...

I created two measures "1% complient" and "1% not complient", a disconnected table "Show or not" which I use as a slicer and the last measure "Measure to Show" which I use as a filter in my different matrix.

It is a little bit tricky but the topic explains how to do it very clearly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors