cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mfloresb09

Averagex with a unique Identifier as a filter

Hey guys,

I appreciate the help. I want to create an expression that calculates the average price of different products filtered by a unique identifier in this case a contract number.

This is my data:

mfloresb09_0-1653676916967.png

This is the expression I am working with but it is not applying the Contract filter and instead it is using the total average on the data.

mfloresb09_1-1653677022838.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mfloresb09

Hi, @HenriqueReis Thanks for the reply. So I am using trying to view this information as a value in a matrix that was already created. I was playing with the model relationships and I fixed the issue I was having. I appreciate your help. The above expression was correct.

mfloresb09_0-1653678822944.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mfloresb09

Hi, @HenriqueReis Thanks for the reply. So I am using trying to view this information as a value in a matrix that was already created. I was playing with the model relationships and I fixed the issue I was having. I appreciate your help. The above expression was correct.

mfloresb09_0-1653678822944.png

That's great! haha

Regards!

HenriqueReis
Super User
Super User

Hi,

It's simple:

Create a measure like this:

Measure = average(All contracts advanced[price])

Then put your meassure in a card

HenriqueReis_0-1653678221107.png

And create a slicer and put your contract

HenriqueReis_1-1653678242950.png

Select just the contracts you want and then I think it's going to work

Regards!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel_PBI_Wave1

2023 Release Wave 1 Plans

Power BI release plans for 2023 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2023 through September 2023.

Power BI Summit Carousel 2

Global Power BI Training

Make sure you register today for the Power BI Summit 2023. Don't miss all of the great sessions and speakers!

BizApps LATAM 2023

Business Application LATAM Summit 2023

Join the biggest FREE Business Applications Event in LATAM this February.

Power Platform Bootcamp

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

In this bootcamp we will deep-dive into Microsoft’s Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors