Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dodonald
Helper I
Helper I

Average tasks opened closed each day in specific month

I am trying to plot the monthly average of # of tasks created and closed each day. My data gives the date of Task Creation and, if closed, the date of Task Closure. I have an area chart that shows the count of opened and closed each day. It looks great! I'd like to add a SPECIFIC month's daily average # of Opened and Closed. (e.g. for image below, I'd like the average # opened/closed per day in June).

dodonald_0-1657125342302.png

I added "Average Lines" to the graph (the 2 horizontal lines), but the values do not change when I change the scale of the graph, so I think it's giving me the daily average for ALL the data, not just the month in the graph. I'd like to be able to determine the rates for May, June, July, etc. independently.

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
dodonald
Helper I
Helper I

@amitchandak  Thanks! The formulas seem to work. I am not sure how to get the average line to appear on the daily graph, unless I create a constant line and manually enter the value. Can you advise?

Hi @dodonald ,

The line value is not supported in area chart, have you tried to use the line and clustered column chart instead?

vkalyjmsft_0-1657692249043.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please considerAccept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@dodonald , Assume you already have formula for measure open task and close task

Then Avg is

Averagex(Values('Date'[Date]), [Open Task])

Averagex(Values('Date'[Date]), [Close Task])

How get open task and close work with same date table refer

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors