Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

icerdeira
Frequent Visitor

Average of years

Hi,

I have made a what-if (parameter) to use the years as a parameter. When I put in the segmentation filter 2015 - 2020 it shows me the averages in an amount by years.

I need the average for 2015 and then the average for 2020 separately using my parameter. So far my formula only gives me the mean between 2015 and 2020 but I don't need the years 2016, 2017 and 2019. I use only 2015 and 2020 to get the ROI.

Thanks,

Isaac

icerdeira_2-1640168211822.png

icerdeira_1-1640168103630.png

icerdeira_0-1640168023725.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In that case you could place the Initial and End averages into variables or even measures and use those in your calculations. E.g. 

AverageYears (only variables)=
var minYear =MIN('YourParameter'[Year])
var maxYear =Max('YourParameter'[Year]
var initialAve =  AVERAGEX(FILTER(AverageYears,AverageYears[Year]=minYear),AverageYears[Value])
var endAve =  AVERAGEX(FILTER(AverageYears,AverageYears[Year]=maxYear),AverageYears[Value])
return
//Now use these to get the values you want 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ValtteriN
Super User
Super User

Hi,

Here is one way to do this:

AverageYears =
var minYear =MIN('Calendar'[Year])
var maxYear =Max('Calendar'[Year]) return
AVERAGEX(FILTER(AverageYears,or(AverageYears[Year]=maxYear,AverageYears[Year]=minYear)),AverageYears[Value])
I used calendar instead of parameter as a slicer.

End result:

ValtteriN_0-1640170146582.png

I hope this helps and if it does consider accepting this as a solution and giving the post a thumbs up!

Hi, thanks for the answer.

The problem is that I need to save the average separately. The initial average and the final average. Then I use those 2 measures to get de ROI. The year must be taken by a segmentation filter.

Thanks,

Isaac

In that case you could place the Initial and End averages into variables or even measures and use those in your calculations. E.g. 

AverageYears (only variables)=
var minYear =MIN('YourParameter'[Year])
var maxYear =Max('YourParameter'[Year]
var initialAve =  AVERAGEX(FILTER(AverageYears,AverageYears[Year]=minYear),AverageYears[Value])
var endAve =  AVERAGEX(FILTER(AverageYears,AverageYears[Year]=maxYear),AverageYears[Value])
return
//Now use these to get the values you want 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors