Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alexjaco
Frequent Visitor

Applying a percent Increase to a only values select by a parameter

Hi, 

I am looking for a formula to apply a percent increase to my [Cycle Time (Hrs)*] based on the task selected by a parameter and return all other [Cycle Time (Hrs)*] without the percent increase.  The parameter is [Selected Task] and the 'Percent Increase to Cycle Time'[Percent Increase to Cycle Time Value] is a percentage parameter as well. I have the following formula, but it doesn't work. 

IF([Selected Task]=SELECTEDVALUE(Sheet1[Task]), SUMX(Sheet1,SUM(Sheet1[Cycle Time (Hrs)*])*(1+'Percent Increase to Cycle Time'[Percent Increase to Cycle Time Value])), SUMX(Sheet1,SUM(Sheet1[Cycle Time (Hrs)*])))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ah. I think the total may be correct but for the individual rows, we need to keep the filter context from the visual so that not all rows are the same value.

Try this:

Adjusting 1 Cycle Time (hrs) =
VAR SelectedTasks = VALUES ( Task[Task] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( Sheet1[Cycle Time (Hrs)*] ),
        KEEPFILTERS ( Sheet1[Task] IN SelectedTasks )
    ) * ( 1 + [Percent Increase to Cycle Time Value] )
        + CALCULATE (
            KEEPFILTERS ( NOT ( Sheet1[Task] IN SelectedTasks ) )
        )

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

You'll need a separate table for your task parameter.

This version should be more efficient than SUMX:

VAR SelectedTasks = VALUES ( ParamTask[Task] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        Sheet1[Task] IN SelectedTasks
    ) * ( 1 + 'Percent Increase'[Percent Increase] )
        + CALCULATE (
            NOT ( Sheet1[Task] IN SelectedTasks )
        )

Thank you for the solution. I applied your formula, however it's now returning the selected ParamTask[Task] 

[Cycle Time (Hrs)*] to every task and applying the percent increase. So for example if Task A was selected then task B and C would now reflect Task A's [Cycle Time (Hrs)*] (with the percent increase applied).  

Hmm. Does your task parameter table have a relationship with Sheet1? (Parameter tables should be unrelated.)

Just now removed the relationship. Now it's summing all [Cycle Time (Hrs)*] and returning just that total value for each Task. 

I don't think I can easily diagnose without seeing more context, e.g., exactly which columns you're using in all the relevant visuals and the relationship diagram (etc.).

The table on the left are the cycle times per each task (the lowest level of detail). The table on the right is with the formula to apply the percent increase to just 1 task. 

alexjaco_0-1624398712472.png

Ah. I think the total may be correct but for the individual rows, we need to keep the filter context from the visual so that not all rows are the same value.

Try this:

Adjusting 1 Cycle Time (hrs) =
VAR SelectedTasks = VALUES ( Task[Task] )
RETURN
    CALCULATE (
        KEEPFILTERS ( Sheet1[Task] IN SelectedTasks )
    ) * ( 1 + [Percent Increase to Cycle Time Value] )
        + CALCULATE (
            KEEPFILTERS ( NOT ( Sheet1[Task] IN SelectedTasks ) )
        )

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors