Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Allexcept on multiple dimensions

Hi,

Got this problem I can not figure out, so hopefully someone can assist me with this. Below is a screenshot from a matrix visualisation on a simplified data model that shows my problem.

For each product I would need to get the product's percentage of the total sales within the product group each month. 

The Allexcept_Productmeasure shown below gives the result 330 in January for product group A and 10 for product group B. These figures are however the total amounts for all the periods in the data set. I would need the measure to show 180 (A) and 10 (B) in January. There is one-to-many relationship between a Calendar table and the Volume table

I have tried to add another "ALLEXCEPT" for the time dimension, but I can't get this to work. Apparently "ALLEXCEPT" cannot be used on mutiple dimensions, but what would be the best solution to get the results I need?

celenius_2-1628883225600.png

Best regards,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK. In that case, the guide here indicates that you can include it within ALLEXCEPT since it's part of the expanded table.

Allexcep_Productgroup =
CALCULATE (
    [Sales],
    ALLEXCEPT ( volume, dim_date, volume[productgroup] )
)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AlexisOlson
Super User
Super User

Do you have a separate date dimension table? I'd guess not given this behavior but I would strongly recommend creating one.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlexisOlson Hi, yes, I have a separate date dimension table and a one-to-many relation between the tables.

OK. In that case, the guide here indicates that you can include it within ALLEXCEPT since it's part of the expanded table.

Allexcep_Productgroup =
CALCULATE (
    [Sales],
    ALLEXCEPT ( volume, dim_date, volume[productgroup] )
)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlexisOlson Hi, Thanks a lot, that did the trick! 

celenius_0-1628908550099.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors