Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SDHaas
Frequent Visitor

Aggregating results across multiple date columns

Hello,

I recently came across this HR training dataset which has been interesting, to say the least. Essentially, each row is an employee profile that includes a few recent jobs they were assigned to and the training they have completed. There are a few things to this dataset I haven't encountered before and any help is much appreciated.

My question is, if possible, how can I aggregate the results from calculated columns by date (specifically,'job_start date') since there are multiple/overlapping date columns of the employees?

For example, I would like to try and get the results of all the "Excellent" placements for 2018. 

First approach...

I created 2 calculated columns that are basically IF statements. One is for Job 1 and the other for Job 2.

>IF the employee has/completed + matched the requested job training at least 60 days prior to the job's start date, they're "Excellent."

>IF they had some variation of the skill required (LEFT,1 value of their training matches with the LEFT,1 value on the job request (C with C, G with G, etc.) + whether the RIGHT,2 of the employee's job training is within -10 of the Job Request, they're "Good."

>ELSE "Pass"

Data Dictionary

[T2_Date_Complete]: Training #2, date completed

[Emp_T2]: Training 2 course

[T1_Date_Complete: Training 1, date completed

[Emp_T1]: Training 1 course

[JO1_Start_Date]: Job 1 Start

[Loc1_Req]: Job 1 training/skill being requested by the job leader

[Loc2_Req]: Job 2 training/skill being requested by the job leader

Relationships

Dates >> JO1_Start, JO2_Start, T1_Date_Complete, T2_Date_Complete

Training >> EMP_T2, EMP_T1

FactTable1.PNG

FactTable2.PNG

ModelRel1.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to be more precise in your description of what you want to do.

Hi Daxer,

Thank you for the reply. I've attached another picture which hopefully clarifies what I'm trying to do. I appreciate your time and any help. Unfortunately, at the moment, I'm unable to modify the current table structure.fact3.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors