Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

LasseAHoei
Frequent Visitor

Adding custom row sums to table

Hi All,

I am in the in the process of changing from BI tool Targit to Power BI. I have built a tabular model on top of

my existing data warehouse and I am now creating all my reports in Power BI that I used to have in Targit.

I am using Visual Studio and sql server 2019 (compatability level 1500).

I have an account plan that looks like this in Targit:

LasseAHoei_0-1614608381808.png

You will notice in the bottom I have some custom members which has been created in OLAP model. 

In PowerBI it looks like this:

LasseAHoei_1-1614608460616.png

I am looking for a way to create those custom members in Power BI as well.

Gross Profit for instance is the sum of 00 Revenue and 01 Voyage Expenses.

I can easily calculate it but I need it integrated into the table so I could make a report looking something like below

with the custom members integrated.

LasseAHoei_2-1614608668326.png

Hope you guys have some great ideas

Brgds,

Lasse

2 REPLIES 2
LasseAHoei
Frequent Visitor

Hi Amit,

I was just wondering if there were a similar function in DAX, as custom members in MDX.

When I connect Power BI to my old OLAP cube it cannot show the custom members it just adds

a field called unknown, so that will definitely not work.

It would be preferable if I could have solved this in the data model rather than the visual but it seems

the way to go now is to find a visual where I can add custom sub totals, as suggested in one of the links.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@LasseAHoei , I am assuming you have few rows values(column used in the row of the matrix), and below you want to add some custom formula. I doubt direct way. You might have to create a custom table

refer if this blog can help you a bit

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Traditional-Financial-Statements/td-p/7223

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors