Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding Total Line in the same Line Chart that is broken down by different Attributes

Hi there,

Just want to understand if there is a way to show a total % line in the same line chart that break downs the data with different attributes. Just created a dummy data table to explain further. thanks in advance

Person Data.PNG

Table Name: Person Data

Metric required: Female participation rate in each attiribute i.e. counrty, emp type etc. pls see follwoing example

Measure:  Female Participation =DIVIDE(CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Person Data'[Person ID]),'Person Data'[Gender]="Female"),DISTINCTCOUNT('Person Data'[Person ID]))

with this measure I can show total line or break it down by some categories but can't show all in one line chart.

Capture.PNG

To include Total line in same chart I need to create seperate measures:

Female %: DIVIDE(CALCULATE(DISTINCTCOUNT('Person Data'[Person ID]),'Person Data'[Gender]="Female"),DISTINCTCOUNT('Person Data'[Person ID]))

Female % Aus: CALCULATE([Female Participation],'Person Data'[Country]="Aus")
Female % NZ:  CALCULATE([Female Participation],'Person Data'[Country]="NZ")
Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
daxer-almighty
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can use Calculation Groups to create versions of all measures that will be insensitive to any set of attributes you want. This would be the simplest and most elegant solution out there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@daxer-almighty thank you for the response I will read the article and try to apply it to my model.

Here's something more about Calculation Groups and it's live: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4zYT-N-zsU

Anonymous
Not applicable

@daxer-almighty thanks again really appreacite your help around that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors