Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

C-Jac
Helper I
Helper I

ALL does not ignore date filter

I have a model in a star schema. 

In the first table I have a couple event, where I have a figure I would like to summarize, both on the period selected but also across all periods, but having remaining filters still active. I have tried below solutions. 

Total Revenue Across Time = CALCULATE(SUM('Daily_Revenue'[_Revenue]), ALL(Dim_Calendar[Date]))
Total Revenue Across Time = CALCULATE(SUM('Daily_Revenue'[_Revenue]), ALL(Daily_Revenue[Date]))

That is I've tried to use both a date table for my filter, but also just the dates in the original table. There are other dimensions I would like to filter by, so just using ALL on my table rather than the column will not work. 

When I insert my date hierarchy, regardless of it is from the Daily_Revenue table or from the Calendar table, it gives me the same result, and still filters by the dates I've selected. 

Is there something simple I've missed? 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @C-Jac 
Removing the filter from the Date table will not affect the filters comming the other Dimention Tables.  Using a date hierarchy, means that the filter is comming from different columns (not only the [Date] column) therefore, you need to completely remove the filter from the date table

Total Revenue Across Time = CALCULATE(SUM('Daily_Revenue'[_Revenue]), ALL(Dim_Calendar))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
tamerj1
Super User
Super User

Hi @C-Jac 
Removing the filter from the Date table will not affect the filters comming the other Dimention Tables.  Using a date hierarchy, means that the filter is comming from different columns (not only the [Date] column) therefore, you need to completely remove the filter from the date table

Total Revenue Across Time = CALCULATE(SUM('Daily_Revenue'[_Revenue]), ALL(Dim_Calendar))

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors