Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

thebruuu
Frequent Visitor

ACTUAL vs TARGET

Hello

I need to compare actual sales  vs target and when target is achieved I need to be able to write "[Target Name] Achieved"

Here's my model:

thebruuu_0-1648670745634.png

DIMS contains my items per year and per group (REQUESTED_ITEM_KEY is unique for a year and a group)

In Sales, I keep track of each sale action (quantity not needed righ now, assume it to be 1)

And a sale action has a status OK/NOK

A target is identified by a Target Label (that is the concatenantion of the ID, GROUP, and YEAR)

A target definition concerns several Items (several REQUESTED_ITEM_KEY) and for each item I can specify the requested quantity for the target to be achieved; only if all the lines concerning a Target are achieved, the target is achieved too

When checking for target compliance, I only need to take from Sales, those lines for which the status is "OK"

The DIMS table has been built by extracting all the REQUESTED_ITEMS available in the other two table, by GROUP and YEAR

I am able to :

Count for a TARGET Label, and a REQUESTED ITEM, the corresponding lines in SALES for which the Sales Rep have a Status="OK"

But When I compare this value with the REQUESTED QUANTITY I get a CIRCULAR DEPENDENCY

At the end I would like to build a matrix as the one below

thebruuu_1-1648671662311.png

Thank You!

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue. If you paste the data into a table in your post or use one of the file services it will be easier to assist you. Avoid posting screenshots of your source data if possible.

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided. Screenshots of the expected outcome are ok.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors