Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

haiquangitvn
Regular Visitor

A toggle checkbox on PowerBI

One of the requirement for my small PowerBI project is a toggle checkbox. For example, here is 'salesperson'  table

KeyEmployeeKeyEmployee

When the checkbox is checked, only 'KeyEmployee' will display on the dashboard, otherwise everyone will display. Lets see hows it looks in final solution:

Power BI CheckboxPower BI Checkbox

I have successfully make it works as you can see above by using a temporary table and help from DAX:

DAX for handle checkboxDAX for handle checkbox

My question is: Do we have any build-in visualization from Power BI to achieve my requirement? Or any better way for this? 

P/S: I've written a blog post for my solution (sorry, this is not in English) based on the data model from Guy in a Cube, please correct me if my solution is a bad solution.  

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@haiquangitvn , to me your way seems correct. I think that is the  way to go.

wdx223_Daniel
Super User
Super User

TotalSales=CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),IF(SELECTEDVALUE(Checkbox[Id])=1,Salesperson[KeyEmployee]=1,TRUE()))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors