Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

equlibrum52
Frequent Visitor

A measure that also sums values ​​from other categories

Hi everyone 🙂 

I have a problem to solve that I can't handle and I really believe in the power of community.

After simplification, I have two tables, the first one with the product. Where for each product we have the price and the financing company, the financing company can be blank (if we bought the product with our own funds)

productId priceFinancing_comapany_id

in the second table we have financing conditions for individual companies. That is, what percentage of the product amount is financed by own funds and what percentage by the financing company

financing_company_iddownpaymentfinancing
1010%90%
1150%50%

What I would like to achieve is to create a measure that would calculate for each financing company the value of the capital involved in accordance with the terms of financing. That is, the price multiplied by the percentage of financing

That is, for product "1" it would be 100*90%=90

Complications occur with the financing company "blank" because for it, apart from the value of product prices for which financing_company is blank, I would also like to sum up the product values ​​multiplied by the downpayment value for products for which the financing company is not blank.

This is what the table I want looks like in report

product/financing_company_id 1011
product11090 
product2100 100
product350450 
product41000  

thanks in advance for any help 🙂

1 REPLY 1
FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

hi @equlibrum52 

in your expected result, it seems, for each product, price is 100% financed by Fin Com 10 and 11. Is there some misunderstanding?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors