Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

0 not recognized as a number

I'm trying to do a command but I can't work out how to get it to recognise 0 as a number rather than a blank, the issue I have is I have both blanks and 0's in my column, this is my command:

Day Groups = IF('Claims Full + Complaints'[Days from Claim to Complaint]=BLANK(), "No Complaint",IF('Claims Full + Complaints'[Days from Claim to Complaint]=0,"Within 15 days", IF('Claims Full + Complaints'[Days from Claim to Complaint]<16,"Within 15 days", IF('Claims Full + Complaints'[Days from Claim to Complaint]<31,"Within 30 days", IF('Claims Full + Complaints'[Days from Claim to Complaint]<61,"Within 60 days", IF('Claims Full + Complaints'[Days from Claim to Complaint]>60,"Over 60 days"))))))

The result is both blanks and 0's come out as "No Complaints".

Hopefully someone can help? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In the first clause , remove the '= BLANK()' and put isblank before the column name (with brackets round the column)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

Use ISBLANK(column) rather than '= BLANK'

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry how do I work that into my command I already have? Thank you

In the first clause , remove the '= BLANK()' and put isblank before the column name (with brackets round the column)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perfect thank you for your help 😊

.. by the way, although the code works, nested IFs like that are a nasty way to accomplish it. SWITCH is a much more readable way to go - like this:
Day Groups = SWITCH(
  TRUE(),
  ISBLANK( 'Claims Full + Complaints'[Days from Claim to Complaint] ), "No Complaint",
  'Claims Full + Complaints'[Days from Claim to Complaint] = 0, "Within 15 days",
  'Claims Full + Complaints'[Days from Claim to Complaint] < 16, "Within 15 days",
  'Claims Full + Complaints'[Days from Claim to Complaint] < 31, "Within 30 days",
  'Claims Full + Complaints'[Days from Claim to Complaint] < 61, "Within 60 days",
  "Over 60 days"
)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors