Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

drill down based on legend

There must be an option of using a hierarchy of dimensions to drill down through. This would mean that as the user drills down the legend must change dynamically. This would mean that a user should be able to:

• drill along the x-axis, for example time: Year > Month; AND
  • at the same time drill through the Legend. For example: Region > Country > Line of Business > Product.

The same functionlity is available in QlikSense and there is no reason why Power BI should not offer the same.

Comments
MolitorCM
Frequent Visitor

This would be an incredibly powerful tool that would reduce the number of bookmarks or tabs currently needed to create the same visual effect for the end users. For me to currently do this, I use a tedious visual layering method, showing/hiding numerous visuals with various bookmarks.

markmacardle
Advocate I

Wish this was possible!  The current workaround is to create a copy of your table unpivoted on the columns you want to drill through. This is awkward and wasteful of memory. 

DavidPROVOST
Advocate II

I think dynamically switching the drill-down path (between axis and Legend columns) as I'm drilling down would be cumbersome (like drilling thgrough, where you have to right click, then enter a sub-menu, and finally select the target page).

Anyway, it would be great to drill down a %barchart LEGEND, the way we do it with a piechart.

igonzalezb
Helper I

This is needed ASAP

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar

indeed a incredible idea, this will make reports more dyanmics. 

ibrahimsahaf
Regular Visitor

I'm advocating for my organization to switch from Qlik to PBI, and this is the only downside on PBI. Would appreciate a quick fix on this 

MattWPBS
Frequent Visitor

100% on this. One of those ones where I honestly can't believe it's not already available. 

Yonah
Helper II

100% on this. I don't want to create thousands of charts and then show and hide them.
That's a waste of time and memory. 

mattng

Enabling drill-up/drill-down in legend would be awesome