Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Infographic - bar or column with shapes: how to get 1 icon per measure value (count)

I am working on a visual for a count of people by categories as a Infographic bar chart (showing a “people” icon).  It kind of works, but with my data the max count in any category is 9.  So I’m confused to see more than 9 people icons appearing in the longest “bar”. 

How can I configure my infographic to show exactly the number of icons matching the value in my measure?

Under the Shape / Format, I have currently set:

Multiple Units = On

Column Count = Auto

Units per Column = Custom / 1

Fill Percentage = same Measure

Intuitively I would expect that to produce the result I want, but it doesnt.

I've tried emailing the Infographic team, but they havent responded after 10 days.

Comments
v-viig
Community Champion

Hello @mike_honey,

Did you send an email to infonice@microsoft.com? I suppose that we might provide direct contact to Infographic Designer team.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

mike_honey
Memorable Member

Yes I did, but I never got a reply.  One did eventually reply after I forwarded my inquiry to all the individual researchers listed ...

Anyway the answer was essentially: no it doesnt do it at present, but they will consider it for a future version.

v-viig
Community Champion

Please send an email to these adresses:

• infonice@microsoft.com
  • qfyin@microsoft.com
  • pbivizsubmit@microsoft.com

I suppose that using direct contacts might speed the process up.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com