Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Improved table visual - dynamic column names

Hello,

I have a table similar to this one

DataTable.jpg

I need a comparison table ("1 vs 1") with 2 columns based on Year column, using two slicers for years.

So, I've created 2 tables for each slicer based on the year column using this thread: Re: Two slicer on same column

FilterTBL-Base = DISTINCT('DataTable'[Year])
FilterTBL-CompareTo = DISTINCT('DataTable'[Year])

And for each "filter table" I have created the corresponding measure to know the selected value:

SelectedYear-Base = SELECTEDVALUE('FilterTBL-Base'[Year])

and

SelectedYear-CompareTo = SELECTEDVALUE('FilterTBL-CompareTo'[Year])

Now I am able to calculate the "base total" and the "total to compare to" in my data table using the following measures:

TotalBase = SUMX(FILTER('DataTable','DataTable'[Year]=[SelectedYear-Base]),'DataTable'[Cost])

and

TotalCompareTo = SUMX(FILTER('DataTable','DataTable'[Year]=[SelectedYear-CompareTo]),'DataTable'[Cost])

So the entire structure looks like this:

FieldsStructure.jpg

The calculation works as expected:

ResultTable.jpg

The only problem it bothers me, is that the final table should have the column names based on the slicer selections. In picture above TotalBase should display "FY_2010" and the TotalCompareTo should display "FY_2011".

I could obtain this by manually renaming the measured used in the value field, but if the user select other options in the slicer I have to rename the fields again.

FinalReport.jpg

As I could rename the field manually, could you consider a way to "set its name" by another measure value (ex. SelectedYear-Base)?

For the moment the only "workaround" is an card visual with the same font/size as the other colum titles from the table but loosing in this way the "focus mode" for that table, sorting etc...

Kind Regards,

Lucian