Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fix position of drill up / drill down icons

img1.png

Depending on the screen resolution being used to access the online service, the above drill up/drill down icons sometimes appear inside the upper right corner of the visual, and sometimes outside and above it (changing whether the visualization is responsive or not doesn't seem to have any effect). When there is another report object immediately above the visualization (say another visualization for example), the drill up/drill down icons appear directly on top of the other report object. In some cases, you are not able to select them because the other report object is on top of the buttons. When working with denser reports, this can make design very challenging and requires you to include odd looking bands of blank space. It would be ideal if we could force the icons to only appear inside the visual itself. From my own personal experience, I can't think of a good reason these should ever appear outside the visual, because it helps a great deal if you can assume the visual will be self contained when designing a report. The dynamic nature of these icons causes a lot of headache.

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to have this feature implemented too.

As these options always appear on the right hand top corner, sometimes there may be space available to position them on the Left or in the center, which could easily solve the problem.

krickert
Regular Visitor

When embedding reports, clicking on the "..." More Options icon, a menu displays. When viewing a report in full screen mode this menu is always cut off when the visual is on the far right side of the report. Being able to toggle where these header icons apear would be very useful (top right/middle/left)

krickert_0-1697654875704.png