Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Custom Hierarchy as Filter Option

This is not an actual request for a new visual.  I would like the POWER BI Platform team to create the ability to use a custom hierarchy as a filter that can be included in the standard filter pane.  I believe that you can enable this capablity by having the user/developer create the custome hierarchy and then turn on the ability from the data model to include as a filter. 

Forcing the users to rely on a custom visual slicer to do this work is a nuisance activity, and it does not allow developers and/or report builders the opportunity to standardize to a single filtering format (e.g. visual slicers or the filter pane).  Standardization behaviors are key to report adoption for end-users.  The more reliable it is for them to use 1 method or the other speeds up their learning agility as they adopt new reports. 

I will reiterate that I would ask that you consider enabling the ability to allow custom hierarchies to be included as filters for the Filter Pane vs. forcing the use of visual slicers.