Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Animated Horse Race

As an analyst, I would like to be able to do a stock price peer performance analysis over time.  I would like the analysis to be animated similar to what I was able to create using Flourish:

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/242330/

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally support this!!. I've struggled to do something similar with other slicers and visualisations.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a great visual. I hope they bring it to Power BI.

JonathanPesce
Frequent Visitor

Love this idea, honestly if I have the time over the summer I will try to implement this for Power BI if nobody has began working on a similar project.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JonathanPesce - I would be very appreciative if you are successful in implementing!  I just don't have that level of experience to create it myself.

JonathanPesce
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous I will look into it more, I have started working with custom visuals for the past 2 months and I am starting to develop my skills. I will keep you updated on when I begin, looking at my timeline it will probably be earliest end of June. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JonathanPesce No worries!  Looking forward to it!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found this visual in the marketplace and it looks similar. It is bar chart rather than line but could be a good starting point for new development.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA200000053?src=office

JonathanPesce
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous 

Thanks that will actually be a help with ideas and structure.

cpereyra
Helper I

Any update on getting this going?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I am currently working on the project, there has been delays because of school and work priorities. Hoping to have a release by early January and will keep you up to date with the progress. 

@cpereyra