Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Animated Horse Race

As an analyst, I would like to be able to do a stock price peer performance analysis over time.  I would like the analysis to be animated similar to what I was able to create using Flourish:

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/242330/

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

I totally support this!!. I've struggled to do something similar with other slicers and visualisations.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a great visual. I hope they bring it to Power BI.

JonathanPesce
Frequent Visitor

Love this idea, honestly if I have the time over the summer I will try to implement this for Power BI if nobody has began working on a similar project.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JonathanPesce - I would be very appreciative if you are successful in implementing!  I just don't have that level of experience to create it myself.

JonathanPesce
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous I will look into it more, I have started working with custom visuals for the past 2 months and I am starting to develop my skills. I will keep you updated on when I begin, looking at my timeline it will probably be earliest end of June. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JonathanPesce No worries!  Looking forward to it!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found this visual in the marketplace and it looks similar. It is bar chart rather than line but could be a good starting point for new development.

https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/power-bi-visuals/WA200000053?src=office

JonathanPesce
Frequent Visitor

@Anonymous 

Thanks that will actually be a help with ideas and structure.

cpereyra
Helper I

Any update on getting this going?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I am currently working on the project, there has been delays because of school and work priorities. Hoping to have a release by early January and will keep you up to date with the progress. 

@cpereyra