Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Allow automatic extraction/archiving of Power BI Premium Capacity Metrics data

I'm responsible for the monitoring and governance of my client's Premium Capacity which is used by a number of departments within a large enterprise.

I am engaging regularly with report developers across the business on the quality of their reports regarding refresh durations, dataset sizes, etc. 

I rely a lot on the data provided by the Premium Capacity Metrics app but the service only provides a view of the data for the last 7 days. I need to track trends and changes in dataset sizes and other metrics over several weeks and even months in order to give feedback on changes made to reports and how these affect resource consumption and performance.

I suspect I'm not the only person in the community with this responsibility.

It would be really helpful if a mechanism existed by which the metrics data for a given period could be extracted/exported to another storage platform, e.g. SQL Azure, for the purpose of long term analysis.

I'm currently manually exporting the underlying data from the metrics app but this is a cumbersome process and isn't sustainable.