Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

3-Way Venn Diagram (Proportional and Dynamic)

Create a custom 3-way venn diagram that is both proportional and dynamic. It should take in three different boolean fields for each record. Each selected boolean field will represent one circle.

The area of each circle should be determined on the number of records (sum of records) when the field = 1. The overlapping areas when two or more fields are true should also be proportional** to the rest of the segments of the visualization. 

(**Doesn't necessarily need to be exact mathematically, but at least have the circle and segment areas appear proportional to the rest of the segments)

When the data source updates, the visualization should be dynamic in nature so that it's always reflecting the current data that it's build from.

Have functionality to clearly label each circle / overlap areas, in addition to allowing the user to select colours.

3-Way proportional venn example..png

Comments
v-viig
Community Champion

It looks great

rwreitz
Regular Visitor

I have created a Venn Custom Visual as you described which works very well - and even though we're not ready for public release we are using it with current customer installations.  If you are interested send me a PM.

v-viig
Community Champion

@rwreitz,

Looks like private messages are disabled for some reason.

Can you share your email to contact you?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

BrettHermann
Advocate II

Hi @rwreitz - I'm definitely interested in checking out your custom visual. I tried sending you a PM but you have them disabled. 

LaurenBaird
Regular Visitor

@rwreitz - amazing! Do you have the custom visual available? We'd be really interested too. 

RobDonaldson

Hi @rwreitz - I'm also interested in this visualisation.  Also does it provide a label for those items NOT included within the Venn diagramm circles (i.e. if N=10,000 and the 3 venn circles have data for 9,500, there are 500 items that exist outside the 3 circles, which will need a Label and Qty).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @rwreitz , I'm also interested too but can't send you a PM. 

v-viig
Community Champion

MAQ Software has developed Venn Diagram as well.

This visual is in review process. I suppose that it will be available at Office Store very soon.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

rwreitz
Regular Visitor

Apparently I hadn't yet validated my email address, causing PM's to fail.

venn.png

v-viig
Community Champion

@rwreitz

Would you like to share your awesome custom visual via Office Store?

If so, please take a look at requirements.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer