cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

timeline slicer

I've been using Timeline Slicer for a few months, and it suddenly stopped working. I'm using Power BI Desktop (October 2017) to develop, matching our On Prem server version. When I publish, the viz displays, but I can no longer configure within Desktop. "Your version of Power BI Desktop does not support this custom visual. Please update Power BI Desktop to the latest version." I need to keep this version the same as my server, correct? Also - if this could include a setting to highlight through today's date, that would be helpful. Now, it only filters. I'd like to show YTD on the selector, but highlight MTD. And I can't do that.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: timeline slicer

Hello @leearls,

Please try to update your Report Server and Desktop app. Desktop app version (October 2017) doesn't support API 1.9.
Or the second option is to send e-mail to pbicvsupport@microsoft.com, we'll provide custom package of Timeline visual (downgraded to API 1.8).

Nikita Grachev,
Team Leader
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals,
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

We'll look into Timeline issue with report server.

Please note highlighting is not feasible since Timeline Slicer works as a slicer.
Power BI doesn't allow to highlight and slice at the same time.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @leearls,

Please try to update your Report Server and Desktop app. Desktop app version (October 2017) doesn't support API 1.9.
Or the second option is to send e-mail to pbicvsupport@microsoft.com, we'll provide custom package of Timeline visual (downgraded to API 1.8).

Nikita Grachev,
Team Leader
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals,

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

This will be a conference that you do not want to miss!

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Don't miss the Power BI Dev Camp this week!

August Community Highlights

Check out a full recap of the month!

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power BI

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power BI features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Top Solution Authors