Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lburgess
Helper II
Helper II

power kpi matrix

Not sure whether this is the correct location to post this, but here goes...

I downloaded the new Power KPI Matrix today. It provides the balanced scorecard reporting that I had been looking for. I got it all configured and customized in Power BI Desktop, then published the report to the Power BI service.  All of the customizations I had done to format Current Value and set colors for the Sparkline charts were lost.  I had to re-do them in the Power BI service and save them there.  

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Power KPI Matrix supports zero values now by enabling a toggle at Actual Value group of Formatting Panel.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

View solution in original post

96 REPLIES 96

Hi, 

I'm relatively just a beginner in using this visualization tool and like your photo, I want to show Last Month's value on the table. Can you teach me to do that? 

Thanks, 

Van

Van22
Regular Visitor

Hi Guys, 

I'm just a new user of the Power KPI Matrix and I want to show Last Month's Value as Second Comparison Value but when I map the measure, it's not showing on the table. 

The values are formatted as Percentages. Thanks for any help you may give. 

Regards, 

Van

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

As a first step we recommend to download Power KPI Matrix sample report to understand how it works.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Hi, 

I'm relatively just a beginner in using this visualization tool and like your photo, I want to show Last Month's value on the table. Can you teach me to do that? 

Thanks, 

Van

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

The first issue is related to some recent changes of Power BI platform.

We're working in touch with Power BI Desktop team to address this issue.

The current workaround is to publish the report to PBI web and apply formatting options manually one more time.

The second issue is actually by design.

It was the inital requirement to filter 0 and nulls (empty values).

Does the second issue have high impact for your report?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Re the second issue, yes.  If the reported value is 0, that says that no progress has been made towards the KPI.  I understand filtering out nulls, but 0 is a valid value. As it stands today, we are unable to use the visual because of this issue.

Thanks!

I have the same problem. For me, 0 is a valid value. 
Thanks for support!

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Power KPI Matrix 2.1.0 is going to support zero values by enabling a special toggle at Actual group of format panel.

The release is expected in January.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

KWILL
Frequent Visitor

Any update on this release?

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Power KPI Matrix will show the zero value as is and render Sparklines properly.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

KWILL
Frequent Visitor

Hi Ignat,

I just updated the visual and it's still defaulting to the previous day. When I click the desired day it's just showing a blank space instead of a zero.

How do I fix this? I tried deleting and re-importing the visual and I'm getting the same undesirable result.

Thanks! 

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Did you turn off Treat zero values as nulls option at Current Value?

Is this option available at Format Panel -> Current Value?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

KWILL
Frequent Visitor

Perfect, thank you!

Hi,

I have another issue with formatting. I have custom column colors for each Metric Name. However, when the page is filtered by various other visualizations, the formatting is mixed up.

below is the original as set:

1.PNG

and below is when the page is filtered by other visuals:

2.PNG

Please advise.

Thanks,
Chirag

@chiragbagga--  Could you share the PBIX of how you got the visual to look like that?

Hi Chrig

I'm using Power KPI Matrix latest version PowerKPIMatrix.2.1.1.0.pbiviz, but unfortunately its not displaying the KPI Indicators icon which set as part of KPI Indicator formatting menu. How did you manage to display KPI Indicators icons. Please provide solution if you come across any problem while exploring this visual.

Thanks

ccjs
Frequent Visitor

I may be experiencing the same issue as pcraokjr, though I had been waiting for the March Report Server version to see if it made any difference.  After testing a report I'm working on, I went back to the example file from https://visuals.azureedge.net/app-store/PowerKPIMatrix.2.0.0.0.pbix and found the same thing.  It seems that no matter how I configure a *.pbix file in the Desktop version, when it's displayed on the Report Server I lose any actual indicator symbols available in the "KPI Status" column.  I've tested all indicator symbols available, and although I can get a percentage to display and the colors to match, I have different scales across KPI's so a status symbol is more useful.

Could this be an issue with the Report Server, or is this something related to the visual?  My apologies if this question has already been addressed, but I wasn't able to find an answer.

Thanks!

pcraokjr
Frequent Visitor

Hi 

I found the solution for my issue....KPI icon not dispalying in desktop version but once its file loaded to PowerBI site, i can see the KPI Icon.... this doesnt make any sense for me.... its wasted lot of my time.

Thanks

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

@pcraokjr Do you Power BI Desktop October 2017?

Have you tried to use March version optimised for Report Server?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Hi

I'm using Power BI Desktop Feb 2018 and not tried March 2018.

Thanks

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

We would recommend to use March version of Power BI Desktop.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors