Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lburgess
Helper II
Helper II

power kpi matrix

Not sure whether this is the correct location to post this, but here goes...

I downloaded the new Power KPI Matrix today. It provides the balanced scorecard reporting that I had been looking for. I got it all configured and customized in Power BI Desktop, then published the report to the Power BI service.  All of the customizations I had done to format Current Value and set colors for the Sparkline charts were lost.  I had to re-do them in the Power BI service and save them there.  

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Power KPI Matrix supports zero values now by enabling a toggle at Actual Value group of Formatting Panel.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

View solution in original post

96 REPLIES 96
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Thank you for raising the issue with KPI Indicator in Power BI Report Server.

This issue is related to PBI Report Server as it doesn't have the special font with indicators.

We'll investigate the issue deeper and fix it soon.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Hi there.

We also have this same issue. Doesn't matter which Icon I pick, it doesn\t show up when I deploy the report to Report Server.

But why does the icon show on the PopUp screen? Is it then using another Font set?

(I hope the screenshots upload correctly)

In the designer I can see the Icons

In Designer

When deployed I can not see the Icons.

Deployed

On the PopUp the Icons show correctly.

PopUp

Regards,

Marius

@ryan-gerres This is known issue of Power BI platform that is under investigation.

I hope that Power BI Core team will resolve this issue soon.

@chiragbagga This is actually one of limitation of Power KPI Matrix since we bind formatting options to data-rows.

This is why some options might unset after we apply a filter or selection.

Our recommendation and current workaround is to apply a filter first. After that you should change formatting options of Power KPI Matrix.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

@v-viig Thanks for your response. I've tried applying the filter and then formatting the way I want it. however when the filter is changed or cleared during use of the report, it replicates the same issue. Please advise as this is not how it should work. Secondly, is a fix being worked on for this? I wouldn't imagine a visual being made with the expectation that filters will not be used.

Your help is much appreciated. i was using another visual called KPI Ticker by MAQ software. For somereason afterupdating power BI, it lost its alignment making it useless for my purposes. I like the power kpi matrix visual and would appreciate if you can fix this issue.

We aren't able to fix this issue due to Power BI platform limitation.

We'll look into this issue deeper from platform's side to fix the issue.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

@v-viig Please advise where can I has more insight to resolution of this issue. As this is an issue in the visual / platform which hinders its use. I would appreciate if I can somehow be informed of the progress. I would understand that there may be other issues being looked at with the platform. Is there a progress / update page/ link/ forum for this ?

Thanks

@chiragbagga We'll update this topic once we get any news about the issue.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

I presume your comment rgarding being unble to fix this issue is with regard to the formatting issue.  Any progress on the zero values issue?

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Power KPI Matrix supports zero values now by enabling a toggle at Actual Value group of Formatting Panel.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Hi

I am running version 

Name: Power KPI Matrix 3.1.1

Publisher: Microsoft

Id: powerKPIMatrixEB2381CC88A8425FBEB1B07FF57784E6

Version: 3.1.1

I am unable to see the toggle that you mentioned.  Is there an update I am missing?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks

Karen

Hi,

I see in my version of the Power KPI visual that the Current Value has an option that says "Treat zero values as nulls", when it is off the zeros display.  Is it possible to get this option added to the Comparison Value section?

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @jhaeusl1,

We added this feature into our backlog but there's no ETA.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Hello,

I am running the latest version of the Power KPI Matrix and I am not getting that option - but am having the same issue with zeroes not appearing in my matrix  Is this not the correct place to see the "treat zero as null" option, or is there some other issue happening?

Thanks!

.2018-08-10_11-19-54.jpg

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

This option is available in Format Panel (the second tab):

image.png

image.png

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-viig,

We have been unable to add this visual to the organization visuals section in our tenant because of the message "Legacy visuals are not supported." Are there any plans to update this visual and the other Power KPI visual so that they can be used in organization visuals?

Thanks,

James

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Yes, it is on backlog but it also requires other related feature to be completed first.

We'll update once it's supported in Org Sctore scenario.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-viig is there any sort of timing (even a vague short-term vs long-term) that you provide about it being compatible with the Org Visuals? We really want to shut off the general marketplace (since we work in a heavily regulated industry) but this is a visual that we would like to provide to our users via the Org visuals.

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Power KPI Matrix will be avaialble in Org Store once we get some required APIs. Most likely it will be made next year.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-viig

Hello to everyone, any news with the format issues?

I am facing the same situation, in PBI Desktop I give the visual some formatting, column widths, etc., and then when I publish the report to the service I lose those formats.

Regards.

No updates so far. It's still on our backlog.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors