Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

abdalla
Helper I
Helper I

how can i make a filter such that when i enter coordinates it automatically shows me the surrounding

Hello,

I am beginner in power BI.

I have many coordinates of wells as i work in the oil field industry and i used a flow map to present them as a line since each well has to be presented by a line as it has 2 coordinates. 

My question is i need to find some sort of slicer or filter such that when i choose 1 well the map automatically highlights all other wells within a certain radius without hiding the other wells.( so maybe coloring the ones inside the range with a different color).

The range would be a constant specified range that will not be altered and the selection of the user has to make the filtering process automatic so that he doesnt have to adjust for the range. 

so basically the user will simply click on a well and the other wells within the range will be highlighted with a different color than other wells. 

This is what my map looks 

abdalla_0-1655960284116.png

any advice / help would be really grateful.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

I am only aware of one way to do that. It involves a DAX query for the Great Circle Distance (to identify the locations in proximity) and the usage of a measure to set the location marker size as the "highlighting" mechanism.  For example your selected location will have a size 10, "close" locations have a size 5, and all other locations have a size 1 .

Needless to say - this is far beyond what a Power BI novice is expected to handle.

May you please help me in creating that measure and do i make  the measure in the original data sheet or i have to make another what if analysis?

Please provide sanitized sample data that fully covers your issue.

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.