Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

marcobaciga
Helper I
Helper I

disable custom objects properties

Hello, i have a custom objects in capabilities files.

Is it possible disable this custom objects properties before i add data in my custom visual like matrix or table default visual on powerbi?

"objects": {
"Test1": {
"displayName": "Test1",
"properties": {
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You should define show property in your capabilities and use false as a default value (capabilities sample).

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello @marcobaciga

You should return an empty array ([]) as a result of enumerateObjectInstances method if dataView is empty.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Thank you @v-viig,

I try your solution but the objects is hidden.

I want to obscure like this image.

Is it possible?

Thanks

Immagine.jpg

You should define show property in your capabilities and use false as a default value (capabilities sample).

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Hi Ignat,

I know it has been a while since this post. But I'm currently working on the custom visual, I'm trying to do the same with Marco, the original poster. I would like to show the custom property on the format pane, but the ability to edit of it would listen to another custom property. The way you were showing in the example link is to create a toggle switch, by checking the truthy of it in the visual.ts, you could determine wether to push the dependent property. That will make the dependent property disappear from the format pane when the toggle switch is off. Is there a way to make the dependent property grey out when the toggle is off instead of disapper? Thank you!

Hi @shawn0527,

The show property for the object menu is a special case. For standard properties you can only hide them from the pane via enumeration as you're doing already, and not grey them out.

To enable this functionality would be a change request to the visuals API - you could always try creating a feature request for it if you want an official reponse from the team.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your qucik reply, I'd like to make this change request and look forward to seeing this.

Best,

Shawn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.