cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moderator v-viig

Re: Word cloud visual how to use the Exclude feature?

Do you use different tables? If so, please learn how to make a relationship between two table otherwise PBI won't be able to use these tables together.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

jsdanie1 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Has anybody actually gotten this to work? I'm having the same issue with exclude feature. The exclude feature isnt really working as it really should be. I created a Excluded Words Table list, not able to map it as (1:1). Keep getting "The cardinality you selected isn't valid for this relationship.

Trying to map it to a comments text field. Don't really want to have to type out 100+ Stop Words. 

Frequent Visitor

Has anybody actually gotten this to work? I'm having the same issue with exclude feature. The exclude feature isnt really working as it really should be. I created a Excluded Words Table list, not able to map it as (1:1). Keep getting "The cardinality you selected isn't valid for this relationship.

Trying to map it to a comments text field. Don't really want to have to type out 100+ Stop Words. 

Moderator v-viig

Two tables must have relatioship by common column. You might add ID column to match tables.

Otherwise, Power BI will reject such tables.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Frequent Visitor

That seemed to help better and actually get some of it working now. Thank You. Do you know why it would still be showing words even though I've exclude it. I'm noticing some words get excluded, and some arn't. It appears to be comments where the word is used multiple times in the sentenced that arn't being excluded. 

Moderator v-viig

Can you share a Power BI Report to reproduce the issue?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

AssisJadue Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am having exactly the same issue. I'm using a Direct Query with one fact table and aonther XLS file with the stop words. I create an index and a relationship between both tables but still not excluding the words in my visual. 

Could you please help me out to understand this issue?

2018-09-28_09-26-55.jpg 

Assis Jadue

Frequent Visitor

Attach is the link to the file. 

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak-gR66cp9H5gYsqMed68G1s1_vzQQ

Should be publically viewable. Let me know what you think. Thanks for all the help. Overview of what i'm trying to do. We are basically using the Word tag to grab comments customers make from a survey. We would like to see trending words of adjectives or branding related words customers are saying about our company and elminate some of the unimportant words in the dictionary.  

Moderator v-viig

Have you tried to remove a column from Values data field and turn on Show Items with no data for other columns (Category and Excludes) ?

image.png

Let me know if it fixes the issue.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

AssisJadue Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your answer. I've tried what you suggested but still can't get it right . I removed the column from values and turn on the "Show Items with no data" for the other columns.  I still have the words that suppose to be excluded.

Anything else that I am doing wrong?

2018-10-01_08-52-22.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ask Amir Anything

Exclusive LIVE Community Event No. 2 – Ask Amir Anything

Next in our Triple A series: Ask Amir Netz questions about the latest updates, features and future.

October 2019 Community Highlights

October 2019 Community Highlights

October was a busy month in the community. Read the recap article to learn about some of the events and content.

New Solution Badges

New Solution Badges

Two waves of brand new solution badges are coming! Read the article for more information on our new community badges.

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Analytics in Azure virtual event

Experience a limitless analytics service built to ingest, prep, manage, and serve data for immediate use in Power BI.

Users Online
Currently online: 388 members 3,483 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: