Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kinsey
Advocate II
Advocate II

Word Cloud falling foul of 500 values max for In filter operator

Hi all,

I have a word cloud on a report which when used alongside other visuals on a report page causes an error on all other visuals (selecting a word). The error that comes up is that "the maximum number of values in an In filter operator is 500'

Any thoughts on how to work aroud this?

Thanks,

Frank

3 REPLIES 3
v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hello Frank,

I'm sorry to hear that.

Are you able to share the smaple report that will allow us to reproduce the issue? Is there any sensitive data?

If you aren't able to share the report, please describe how many data roles your data-set has and what word do you click to reproduce the issue?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Due to sensitivity of the column the word cloud uses I can't share the file. though I believe this is a known issue with PowerBI in that it limits the cross filter to 500 rows? I imagine if I use a word which is present in over 500 rows somewhere in my data this is what causes the issue. I'll test my theory and get back to you

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

I'm not sure that this is known issue.

Please let me know if your theory works.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors