Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visualising a process flow

Hi there. I'm new to PowerBI and trying to visualise (graphs and tables) the performance of a process over time, eg the trends by week of how much "value" moves through about six steps of a process from identifying a potential sale through the selling then delivering then billing.
The data I have is in two tables: a sales table with the dates that each unique sales opportunity moves from step one to step two etc, and the value is the monthly recurring revenue that it will be once delivered. The second table (delivery table) breaks the sales order into a number of services, that each then have a delivery date and a "first billed" date.

The output I'm hoping to build is for example:
This week, $20k worth of value was identified ie entered the first step of the process, $50k moved from step 1 to step 2, $30k moved from step 2 to step 3 etc. And therefore at the end of the week, $200k was sitting in the WIP bucket that had moved from step one to step two, but hasn't yet moved to step three.

What's the best way to visualise this, and what do I need to do to my data tables for it to work, including beinf able to filter by product, by sales person etc? Thanks for your help.
1 REPLY 1
v-evelk
Employee
Employee

Hi,

1. Check Power BI Visuals Store please. There is a chance that you find something suitable for you there.

2. You can use DAX - a Power BI Desktop feature to transfer your data into a necessery structure fromat and other calculations based on yor data.

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors