cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Using Slicer date value in dax expression

Hi Everyone,
I am having a trouble to solve a situation. i have a slicer with month names from a table named as 'A sheet'. Moreover I also have date coloumn within same table from where i extracted those month names.
Now what i wanted to do is to select multiple months from slicer and use the month number of selected months in a measure for making farmula in dax.

I am new to power bi and i would greatly appriciate your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

@DataPlayer 

You can use get the months selected and incorporate in a formula, this returns a single-column table for you to work with 

VALUES('Calendar'[MonthNo])

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube  LinkedIn

Highlighted

Thank you for your help. 
Your expression is allowing me to select one value from slicer and let me use it in farmula sucessfully however i want to select multiple values from slicer and use month number in farmulas and show it in table but in trying to do so it gives me the error.
I am using the farmula:

Dissemination | Desired = sum('Combined query'[outstanding])/12+SUM('Combined query'[outstanding])/12*(VALUES('A Sheet'[Date].[MonthNo])-1)-sum('Combined query'[Dissemination])

image_2020-10-07_091923.png

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

@DataPlayer 

Can you explain what your formula is supposed to calculate?
I see you have deducted 1 from the month number, you need to iterate each month number and calculate.

Share sample data and the expected results.

If my answer was helpful, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

YouTube  LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Community Conference

Microsoft Power Platform Communities

Check out the Winners!

secondImage

Create an end-to-end data and analytics solution

Learn how Power BI works with the latest Azure data and analytics innovations at the digital event with Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors