Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

amtol

Trouble Adding Additional Columns in Matrix

Hi there,

I'm currently working on a number of matrix visuals in my dashboards that utilize a number of columns originating from multiple tables (Actual Spending, Forecasted Spending, and a Numeric Code table where my category, subcategory, and code come from). In the matrix fields, in rows I have Category, Subcategory, and Code; in column I have Months (worth noting that the page also has a month and a year slicer); and in values I have Amount and Quantity (two separate columns coming from the Actual Spending table). In my Actual Spending table, I have a current Year-to-Date spending column and from my Forecast table, a linear projection value that I would like to place in the matrix as columns following the (selected) months.

Forum.png

This has posed to be an issue for me, as the YTD and linear projection records have a date value of 12/1/2019. I have tried the word-wrap option for my column headers which was unsuccessful for a number of reasons (Dec. had to be selected and would stay visible, regardless of hiding Amt/Qty headers; also had to have the latest mo. selected instead of YTD remaining static). I have also considered using column subtotals (to imitate YTD) but that doesn't suffice, either. This is a roadblock that I've been stumped on for quite some time now and any guidance on how to achieve this would be immensely appreciated. Attached is a photo of my desired result, in which I have blocked out the Dec. with a white text box.

1 REPLY 1
v-evelk
Employee
Employee

Hi,

It is quite problematic to understand your issue.

Could you please provide more clear explanation (with steps) and several screenshots with data (use fake data if is is confidential).

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors