Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

zuozk123
Frequent Visitor

To add a new field from a data source

Hi, there is a change of my data source with an extra column for new field. i tried to refresh my power BI but the new column doesn't show up. In fact, i received an error message when i tried to refresh.. Is there any way beside deleting the old data source and rebuild a new one? this will be a nightmare for me.
4 REPLIES 4
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @zuozk123,

Data sources are usually okay to refresh if Power Query finds no issues during the process. Could you share any details of the error you're getting or the changes that you used for the new column? That way we might be able to provide some more specific help for you.

Thanks,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

zuozk123
Frequent Visitor

Hi, The error message is " The column column 76 of the table wasn't found. i tried to attach a pic to illustrate my point but unsuccessful. can you send me your email so that i can send a link to you via onedrive.

It definitely sounds like an issue with the transformation steps in the query, or possibly the cache. I suspect this thread is very similar to your situation and similar steps may resolve your problem:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Removing-any-columns-causes-errors/m-p/414805#M190415

If you're still having trouble after reviewing it might be better if you can provide a link to your report and I can have a look for you.

Good luck!

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

zuozk123
Frequent Visitor

Hi Dm-p, My problem is the error appeared after i had added two more columns into my database and did a refresh of my PBI. The error message is " PI Register The column 'Column76' of the table wasn't found." Thanks a lot for your help and patient.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors