Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

apollnor
Advocate II
Advocate II

Text filter by microsoft erase doesnt work

When you click the eraser, after having done a search, this should remove the filter on other visuals but it only works in Power BI Desktop, not in app.powerbi.com after the report has been published.

This used to work in the service before, and we've based some large reports on this visual, giving the user the opertunity to search for attributes in tables. 

Can you reproduce and test MS? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

All of issues are related to regression in Power BI that has already been fixed and deployed to Power BI test environment.

The fix will be deployed to Power BI Service next week and it will be included into July version of Power BI Desktop.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
kurtricketts
Frequent Visitor

Just here to add my .02 that this has been very frustrating for me and my stakeholders. But it's great to find a workaround here in this thread (using * as a wildcard search).

bbaumgartner
Frequent Visitor

Still having this issue as well! The text filter worked perfectly until I updated my Power BI Desktop to the latest version.

A work around, if you would like to use this tool in the meantime, is to just search "*". This acts as a wild card and will pull up all results.

I'm having the same problem with the "Attibute Slicer" 

For the first time since i use Power BI,  I´m having problems with my clients because of this. Something as crucial as a search filter can damage a whole development.

Smiley Sad

All of issues are related to regression in Power BI that has already been fixed and deployed to Power BI test environment.

The fix will be deployed to Power BI Service next week and it will be included into July version of Power BI Desktop.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Its working in the service now, thanks!

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Happy to hear that Smiley Happy

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Hi,

I can see the same problem. is it just me or the problem is here again? 

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

Have you tried to install the latest version of Text Filter from AppSource?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Medha12
Frequent Visitor

In my case, the erase button is not working, neither in desktop nor in service
Hope the issue resolves soon!

I have been using the "*" value within the search field and it appears to over-write the last entry with an overall wild-card value.  This seems to work for me ... hopefully others can get by as well.

Nate

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

As mentioned above the fix for this issue will be deployed on 06/27/2018.

The fix will also be included into July version of Power BI Desktop.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Do you know if the filter will be included in Power BI Desktop as a default visual/slicer, or will it remain a custom filter? This custom visuals functionality is lacking in Power BI Desktop by default, and it seems like a basic filter that would be (very) nice to have either as a perhaps a option on the slicer visual

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

@apollnor I'm not aware if this feature will be included into native Slicer.

We'd recommned to post an idea here.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

dm-p
Super User
Super User

Found this visual today and fit the use case I needed exactly... except for the erase button not working.

As a workaround, I found that you can 'clear' the filter by typing an asterisk ('*') into the box and hitting [ENTER] or the search button. While this is not really particularly intuitive or ideal, it might help some of you out if you're in dire need of something in the meantime.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

filipesantos
Regular Visitor

Hi, i have the same problem. This is a very important tool for my users. I use it in many visualisations. The impact of this error is big for the company that i work.

aea68e

Sorry not a pushing reply but I have same issue here too.

This is a great and powerful text filter custom visualisation in power BI and important for our BI reports.

Hope this will get fixed soon and working perfectly. 

Thanks,

Regards,

Jeff

I cannot get it to clear in Desktop either!  It might sound silly but what if you added a 'select all' button for these until the eraser works?  This tool is critical for large data sets.

I have same issue here too.
We have a lot of issues with users because we start use power bi recently and this issue gave discredit the tool.

Hope this will get fixed quickly
Thanks,
Regards,

Ilana

We already fixed this issue in our test environment. This change is going to hit producation on 06/27/2018.

It will also hit Power BI Desktop early in July.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Can customers get an early release to their O365 app.powerbi.com environment?

This regression is causing quite a disturbance, as you can see by this thread on the community. Late June is not a palatable delivery date given the critical nature of this issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors