Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

shivaprasadg
Frequent Visitor

Text Filter is not working in Power BI Service

Anyone pls help in finding the reason as Text filter is not working on power bi service, August 21st 2018.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for reply, its fine from other day of same pbi report text filter is working now.

View solution in original post

23 REPLIES 23
JaviR777

I have the same problem.

All types of tex filters stop working in Web version

macmy034
Advocate II
Advocate II

This is still an issue in 2022 - Recreate the filter from a fresh visual click and drop your element in, don't copy and paste anything from any other visuals otherwise it can break.

Duncan
Regular Visitor

I found similar issue, i found that if I copied and pasted the new text filter into a new report, then published the new text filter would either not work or would work erratically, if i opened report in desktop, clicked on text filter selected another visual, then saved the report then clicked on the new visual and then selected the text filter visual, saved report then published, I found the filter then was stable. I think the App needs to register the new visual in the report. A Copy and paste operation seems to skip the new visusl registration in the App / service. 

marcolapolla
Regular Visitor

Please help me, I'm desperate !!!!
I created a report with Power BI Desktop (August 2018) and published it on power bi report service, August 21st 2018.
In editing, everything works great but once I publish in report server the visual will not render.
I'm using google chrome version 88.xxx.xxxxx

What's the solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Our Text Slicer are not working combining Power BI and Chrome (89.0.4389.114). What can i do?

aggregator3000
Advocate II
Advocate II

Issue came up for us today - we were able to use a workaround of simply deleting and recreating the Text filter.

It occurred on Desktop and also once published to online service - same field, no object filters applied etc.

Thank you!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply! This worked for me.

hiex

Hi. The "text filter" component stopped working with the report at a few days ago. Moreover, it is visible in Power BI Desktop and in the BI cloud, but it is not displayed in Power BI Report Server (jan2020).

The PBIX (severely cut, but the error continues to exist) I sent you an email.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We've also noticed an issue today, not sure when this started. 

Please note that the 'Text Filter' visual works fine in the workspace viewing the report, but once we publish the report in an App the visual will not render. Now we've noticed that if we go back to the workspace and run the report out of the workspace and then go back to the App and run the same report that the visual will display. However, this appears to be user by user and is not fixing this across the board. 

So to sum this up, it appears to work fine in the workspace but not when published to an App

sdrubsamen
Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same issue suddenly in Power BI Desktop.  I've tried using the text filter and regular slicer but neither seem to work on certain fields????  I can use the text filter to search by name from 4,000 records but when I enter an ID code (text) it appears to work but nothing changes in the underlying data.

When I put the same ID code field in the regular slicer, it only gives me 3 IDs from which to choose - out of over 4,000.  There are ZERO other filters on this query/report and it has no affiliations in the relationship screen.

v-viig
Community Champion
Community Champion

It works well on my machine.

Can you share repro steps or Power BI report?

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Thanks for reply, its fine from other day of same pbi report text filter is working now.

Let us know if you face this issue again.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Hello,

I have had the same problem with many users since May 2018. I thought that the June 28 update could correct this problem but it still does not work. Do you find the cause of the problem?

The search component appears in the workspace but is invisible on the published application.

I use a Power BI service and publish the application with roles.

I join screenshots of the problem and generated HTML code.

ok_workspace.PNGprob_app.PNGcode.PNG

Thanks for the help

OIivier

Hello Oliver,

Its working fine from next one or two days when i raised issue. i dont know exact reason for that.

At that point when i faced the issue i replaced search filter with slicer and published.

After one or two days when i again replaced with search filter and published then it is working.

that is how search filter working for me. 

I know here what i explained is non-technical. But its working.

regards..

shivaprasad g

Happy to see that it's working now.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Hello,

We have the same problem now (for one day now).

Doesn't work

• On portal view mode
  • Greyed out when published eg. on Teams tab (or not showing altogether)

Works

• On portal edit mode (and right after saving + switching back to view mode, but not after browser refresh anymore)
    • On desktop and mobile app

Best regards,

Arto Pennanen

Hello,

We also are experiencing the same issue.  One of the warning indicators came-up and said we had too many fields for search.  Never had this issue before.

Works in Desktop Mode, does not work in Portal View.

Hello guys,

If this issue is still actual, could anyone provide a report for analysis and send it to pbicvsupport@microsoft.com?

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors