Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Submission Rejection due to Error: Could not find remote branch certification to clone

I've built a custom Power BI Visual and I'm trying to get it certified. I've sent the pbiviz and pbix files to pbivizsubmit@microsoft.com in order to get an app package XML (as per the instructions on this page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/visuals/office-store) however my submission is being rejected with the following reason (as stated in the automatically-generated email response):

Cloning into '/tmp/repo'... warning: Could not find remote branch certification to clone. fatal: Remote branch certification not found in upstream origin

Does anybody know how I can resolve this? I'm a bit of a git novice, so if you can give me a "for dummies" answer that'd be appreciated 🙂

Here is my git repo: https://github.com/heyconor/PowerBI-PlayAxis-Cumulative 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

In the documentation, under Code Repository Requirements, there's this step:

A branch named certification (lowercase required). The source code in this branch has to match the submitted package. This code can only be updated during the next submission process, if you're resubmitting your Power BI visual.

In your repository, you need to create a branch called certification. This should contain the code as of the submitted version for review,as the team will use this to check your code, and compile the visual to make sure it exactly matches the .pbiviz in AppSource. So for example if you have done some more work since submitting, you will need to find the appropriate commit you made for that version you submitted and branch from there, otherwise the visual will fail certification due to a mismatch.

Here's a bit more on branching in GitHub if you need it.

If you need a repo for reference, here's one of mine. Note that if you check the list of branches, there's one named certification as specified:

dm-p_0-1612120963417.png

You can have a look at the GitHub repos for any of the MS-produced visuals that are certified also to see something similar in there.

This branch will need to be updated any time you commit new code and submit a new version to AppSource, so that the team have a clear indication which version of your code is the correct one to review.

If you need targeted assistance, directly email the team for support at pbicvsupport@microsoft.com and they can help walk you through this.

Good luck with your submission!

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous,

In the documentation, under Code Repository Requirements, there's this step:

A branch named certification (lowercase required). The source code in this branch has to match the submitted package. This code can only be updated during the next submission process, if you're resubmitting your Power BI visual.

In your repository, you need to create a branch called certification. This should contain the code as of the submitted version for review,as the team will use this to check your code, and compile the visual to make sure it exactly matches the .pbiviz in AppSource. So for example if you have done some more work since submitting, you will need to find the appropriate commit you made for that version you submitted and branch from there, otherwise the visual will fail certification due to a mismatch.

Here's a bit more on branching in GitHub if you need it.

If you need a repo for reference, here's one of mine. Note that if you check the list of branches, there's one named certification as specified:

dm-p_0-1612120963417.png

You can have a look at the GitHub repos for any of the MS-produced visuals that are certified also to see something similar in there.

This branch will need to be updated any time you commit new code and submit a new version to AppSource, so that the team have a clear indication which version of your code is the correct one to review.

If you need targeted assistance, directly email the team for support at pbicvsupport@microsoft.com and they can help walk you through this.

Good luck with your submission!

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @dm-p  - thanks for the detailed response, it did the trick! I must have missed that step in the documentation. I've now managed to successfully get the app package XML.

The next step is to get my account verified with Microsoft Partner Center which doesn't appear to be as straight forward as I would like it to be... a topic for another day perhaps!?

Thanks again, nice to get help from a fellow kiwi.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.