Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sub-layout type "Stack X" unavailable when linking data to y-axys

Hello everyone, I'm experimenting with the Charticulator preview embedded in Power BI as I'd like to design a dual y-axis symbol and bart chart  (basically the same that can be obtained in Excel by combining bar chart and a scatterl plot). In order to do so, I created two glyphs so that I could set up two plot segments, each one with it own y-axis. However, whenever I try to assign data to any of the y-axis, the sub-layout in the attributes tab of the plot segment does not allow me to choose the one that I want, that is "Stack X". Instead, I get to choose only between "Overlap" and "Packing". I also tried to add a data axis and then use it as a y-axis by dropping the values I'd like to see on the data axis, but I noticed that data axis are not linked to the height of the bar chart (i.e. the bar chart height can read "50" while the data axys can be any values as it is easily manipulated by hand). 

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Many thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
mshparber
Advocate I
Advocate I

I also play around with Charticulator.

What about the scrolling? I am not able to make the scrolling work

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, yes that YouTube channel is my guidance for now, I was hoping to get a more comprehensive knowledge resource. For instance, it would be nice to know how to write some code in order to build custom visuals that cannot be (yet) designed with Charticulator...

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Mike Carlos from Powerbi.tips has put out some great videos on chart building using Charticulator. Hope it is useful to you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afGc6-wFyy0&t=1655s

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors