Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Setting right color in Format pane for a Power BI Custom Visual in R html

Hi! I am working on a Power BI Custom Visual using R. The component is generated from the command 

pbiviz new rVisualSample -t rhtml 

and the code is extended using Visual code editor. It should be familar to many I guess. My problem is not the visual itself, but added functionality to change the color of a line chart. It is using straight forward code in capabilities.json, settings.ts and script.R to manage what you see below. The strange behavior is that when I pick one of the standard color themes, the color differs from the hex color in power and what the R script is getting (from Power BI). But if I try selecting a custom color from the color spectre it works correctly. Look closely at the pictures below, you will see what I am talking about. Has any of you experienced this bad behavior and has anybody an explaination what is happening and perhaps a solution to solve this issue? please let me know

Regards Geir

pbi-color.png

I am sorry that not everything in the picture is in English here, but I guess you are familiar with the Power BI Desktop tool

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Anonymous ,

I encountered the same issue! I opened a question about it yesterday, but got no reply. Did you solve this problem now?

I didn't know the color spectre, indeed this works with it.

Cheers.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.