cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahulvartak
Frequent Visitor

Retrieve the selected Filter values in a Custom Visual on the same page.

Hi All,

Is there a way to consume the selected Filter values of a Chiclet filter or any other Filter visual inside a Custom Visual on the same page ?

This should be irrespective of whether the filtered records are returned for those selected values in the dataset.  

For example, if I select value A and value B in the Chiclet (or any other Filter visual), and if only value A is returned in the filtered dataset, I still need both the selected values to perfom some business logic in my Custom Visual. 

Thanks & Regards,

Rahul

2 REPLIES 2
v-evelk
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi,

Please, try to read the following property inside "update" method

this.options.jsonFilters

Kind Regards,

Evgenii Elkin,
Software Engineer
Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals
pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Hey Evgenii, Thanks for your reply !

Unfortunately this.options.jsonFilters returns blank for me inside the update function. 

Based on replies on other threads, I guess creating a Measure using the DAX function ALLSELECTED is one way out. 

I was able to get the correct value in a simple Visual using this calculated Measure. 

However, still facing issues consuming this Measure in my other Custom Visual where adding this measure in the capabilities.json as a Measure disrupts my otherwise working categorical data model. 

Thanks & Regards,

Rahul

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Get Ready for Power BI Dev Camp

Microsoft named a Leader in The Forrester Wave

Microsoft received the highest score of any vendor in both the strategy and current offering categories.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors