Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shailendrakr
Employee
Employee

Resize ggplot based custom visual

Hello,

I built a custom visual using ggplot in R, following the instructions from here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/developer/visuals/funnel-plot-from-r The visual shows up on PowerBI but is extremely big. When I resize the visual, the visual gets cut off - it does not become smaller to fit the space that is available. 

What am i doing wrong?

I am using ggplot on R 4.x, and PowerBI desktop Version: 2.85.681.0 64-bit (September 2020)

2 REPLIES 2
sogrbilja

I found a solution to this. In the src folder you will find the visual.ts file, open it and in the constructor comment out :

//this.imageElement.className = "rcv_autoScaleImage";

and change onResizing to look like this:

public onResizing(finalViewport: IViewport😞 void {
        this.imageDiv.style.height = finalViewport.height + "px";
        this.imageDiv.style.width = finalViewport.width + "px";
        this.imageElement.style.height = finalViewport.height + "px";
        this.imageElement.style.width = finalViewport.width + "px";
    }

Because it is actually outputting an image and CSS is not good so we have to change it. Now my R visual is perfect again!
sogrbilja

I have the exact same problem here. When the script is run directly on the PowerBI desktop then it works. But when I pack it with pbiviz then it is not showing properly. Hopefully, someone will answer this soon. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors